How To Service The Clutch On Your 94-01 Yamaha YZ125
You can remove and install your clutch through the clutch cover, but since I’m doing a full engine overhaul, my right crankcase cover was off during install.
Before you start:
- Outline the clutch cover bolt pattern on a piece of cardboard and transfer your bolts from your engine to the cardboard as you go.
- Everything will be covered in oil, so have baggies and towels ready.
- Drain your oil.
- Put your bike in first gear.
- Disconnect your clutch cable.
- You will need a clutch holding tool to loosen and torque the center nut safely.
- Spring Free Length – 38.1mm
- Friction Disc – 2.7mm
- Clutch disc – 1.2mm
- Center Bolts – 59 ft-lbs
- Spring Bolts – 88 in-lbs