When you see oil dripping out of one or both of your front forks, that’s usually a good indication that it’s time to replace your fork seals. If left unattended, the oil leaking from the fork could end in you crashing your dirt bike; not to mention that running something without oil that should have oil in it is never a good idea.
That being said, switching out fork seals isn’t quite as simple as 1-2-3. If you don’t do it, right the first time, oil could continue to leak out of the new seals. The best way to ensure the seals are correctly installed is by using a fork seal driver. BikeMaster makes one of the better fork seal installers on the market, and below I cover all the details you’ll want to know about the BikeMaster Fork Seal Driver before you buy it.
BikeMaster Fork Seal Driver At-a-Glance
- Is made of two inter-connecting parts (which allows an easier and better fit around the fork)
- Has a variable diameter that allows it to fit more fork sizes.
- Features a Nylon insert designed to protect your fork tube when sliding the seals into place.
- Currently available in three application sizes: 32-47 mm; 47-48 mm; 49-50 mm
- Has a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty.
Benefits of Using the BikeMaster Fork Seal Installer on Your Dirt Bike
The most significant advantage of owning the BikeMaster Fork Seal driver is that you never have to take your bike to a mechanic to get your fork seals installed again. You can now install it with relative ease from the comfort of your garage.
What Customers Are Saying About This Fork Seal Installer
The reviews for the BikeMaster Fork Seal Driver are mostly positive. However, there are a couple of negative reviews I’ve come across that I feel are important to address.
A couple of customers have complained about the design of the fork installer. One reviewer expressed his disappointment with the Nylon insert, comparing it to using PVC. However, he did think the driver performed okay. Another individual stated that the two pieces of the fork installer were hard to manage.
That being said, the vast majority of other customers had nothing but positive things to say about the fork seal installer and had no specific complaints about its design.
Important Information About the BikeMaster Fork Seal Driver
- The installer comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty. So, if it ever breaks, you can contact BikeMaster to have a replacement sent to you.
- If you’d like to see the installer in action before you commit to buying it, You can see it in action on one of my fork rebuild videos.
- Make sure to get the proper measurements for your suspension fork, so that you purchase the correct size installer for the job.
Where to Buy The BikeMaster Fork Seal Installer
The BikeMaster Fork Seal Driver is currently available for purchase from several online powersports retailers.