How To Change The Brake Pads On Your 2009 – 2010 Honda CRF450R
The Tools You Will Need Are:
- Flathead Screwdriver
- 5mm Hex Wrench
- 8mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
The Parts You Will Need Are:
The parts you will need are a set of 2009-2010 Honda CRF450r brake pads for front and rear calipers. Get your new pads on Amazon!
Changing your pads can cost between $5 and $25, depending on what pads you go with, and should take about 15 minutes.
Make sure to start your pad change with clean calipers!
- I recommend opening the Service & Torque Specs in a new tab for easy reference.
- If you need parts and tools, make sure to buy them on Amazon!
- Pictures with captions are after the steps below.
- Brake fluid will damage your pads, so keep your shop towels ready!
- If you need any help don’t hesitate to ask!
Brake Pad Removal
- Start by removing the brake pad pin plug and pad pin from the caliper.
- Push your caliper in and out to make room, and the old pads should come right out.
Clean & Inspect
Unless something is damaged, the only thing you need to replace is your pads.
Brake Pad Installation
- When installing your new pads, you will not be able to see your outside pad, so you will have to feel for the pad retainer. And it will feel like this looks.
- Place the outside brake pad fist, and hold it in place with the pin.
- Place the inside pad, then install the pad pin.
Brake Pad Torque Specifications
- Pan Pins – 13 ft-lbs
If you have any questions or anything to add, please leave them in the comments or on our FaceBook page!
Keep Your ’09-’10 CRF450r Running Right!