How To Install The Cylinder Head On Your 97-01 Honda CR250
The Tools You Will Need
- Foot Pound Torque Wrench
- 12mm Socket
- 12mm Wrench
- 14mm Socket
- 8mm Hex Wrench/Socket
- 13/16 Inch Spark Plug Socket
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- (Master Tools & Parts List Below)
The Parts You Will Need
- New ’97-’01 Honda CR250 Top End Gasket Set
- New Spark Plug
- I recommend opening the Service & Torque Specs in a new tab for easy reference.
- If you need parts and tools, make sure to buy them on Amazon!
- Pictures with captions are after the steps below.
- If you need any help don’t hesitate to ask!
Cylinder Head Installation
- Double-check the mating surfaces for cleanliness. Install a new gasket with the indentations facing up, and the tab at the rear.
- Place your cylinder head, and install the mounting nuts finger tight.
- Torque the mounting nuts in the same pattern as the removal video, turning the nuts ¼ turn at a time until you reach torque. Torque the mounting nuts to 20 ft-lbs.
- Install the hanger plates, and torque the bolts to 20 ft-lbs.
- Install a new spark plug, and torque to 13 ft-lbs.
- Finally, install your coolant hose.
- Mounting Nuts 20 ft-lbs.
- Hanger Plates 20 ft-lbs.
- Spark Plug 13 ft-lbs.
← Part 12: Cylinder Installation
Top End Rebuild Tools List: (Links to Amazon)
- Piston Pin Puller
- Piston Holder
- Machinists Straight Edge
- Feeler Gauges
- Telescoping Bore Gauges
- Digital Calipers
- Plastic Scraper
- Spark Plug Thread Follower
- Motion Pro Torque Wrench Adapter
- Molybdenum Grease
- Lithium Grease
Top End Rebuild Parts List: (Links to Amazon)
Keep Your ’97-’01 CR250 Running Right!
- Service Specification
- Clutch Replacement
- Carburetor Service
- Engine Top End
- Engine Bottom End
- Front Suspension
- Rear Suspension
- Wheels & Tires
- Kickstarter Inspection
- External Shift Linkage