How To Install The Cylinder Head On Your 97-01 Honda CR250
- Foot Pound Torque Wrench
- 12mm Socket
- 12mm Wrench
- 14mm Socket
- 8mm Hex Wrench/Socket
- 13/16 Inch Spark Plug Socket
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
The Parts You Will Need
- New ’97-’01 Honda CR250 Cylinder Head Gasket
- New Spark Plug
- I recommend opening the Service & Torque Specs in a new tab for easy reference.
- If you need parts and tools, make sure to buy them here!
- Pictures with captions are after the steps below.
- If you need any help don’t hesitate to ask!
Cylinder Head Installation
- Double-check the mating surfaces for cleanliness. Install a new gasket with the indentations facing up, and the tab at the rear.
- Place your cylinder head, and install the mounting nuts finger tight.
- Torque the mounting nuts in the same pattern as the removal video, turning the nuts ¼ turn at a time until you reach torque. Torque the mounting nuts to 20 ft-lbs.
- Install the hanger plates, and torque the bolts to 20 ft-lbs.
- Install a new spark plug, and torque to 13 ft-lbs.
- Finally, install your coolant hose.
- Mounting Nuts 20 ft-lbs.
- Hanger Plates 20 ft-lbs.
- Spark Plug 13 ft-lbs.