How To Remove The Piston On Your 97 -01 Honda CR250
The Tools You Will Need
- Wrist Pin Removal Tool
- Small Pick
- Shop Towel
- Start with the piston rotated to top dead center.
- I recommend opening the Service & Torque Specs in a new tab for easy reference.
- If you need parts and tools, make sure to buy them here!
- Pictures with captions are after the steps below.
- If you need any help don’t hesitate to ask!
Check Piston Connection
- Before removing the piston, test the condition of the connecting rod opening, needle bearing, and wrist pin.
- Grip the connecting rod with one hand, and try to rock, not slide, the piston side to side.
- If there is any play in the piston connection, you already know something is out of spec.
- Remove the pin clips with a pick and safety glasses, because they might go flying.
- Assemble your wrist pin removal tool, and press the pin from of the cylinder.
- Remove the needle bearing, and wrap your connecting rod with a clean shop towel.
Keep Your ’97-’01 CR250 Running Right!
- Service Specification
- Clutch Replacement
- Carburetor Service
- Engine Top End
- Engine Bottom End
- Front Suspension
- Rear Suspension
- Wheels & Tires
- Kickstarter Inspection
- External Shift Linkage